im a 17 year ancient mom with a G.E.D. and was thinking about going to school to be a photographer can someone tell me a small more?
such as how long do i have to go to school?
what are the prerequisites (if there are any)?
and any thing else you reckon i should know
It’s best to take business/marketing classes mixed with photo classes, because most of the work for many photographers is marketing themselves (especially at the beginning).
Not only that, but you need to consider how many courses will be appropriate for you to take. Some people take 18 credit hours (more than full time) while others can only take maybe 6-8 credit hours. It all depends on work, kids, social life, etc.
Next is money. My suggestion would be to go to a community college. Many people I’ve talked to spent twice the amount of money (or more) to go to a university when they could’ve taken the same classes at a community college, plus the classes at universities (from what I know and have heard from others) tend to be huge while comm. college have honestly small class sizes, allowing professors to help you more personally.
Know that it’s going to be expensive, even if you go to community college. Camera gear is expensive itself, then there’s software (photoshop), textbooks, etc.
Incoming search terms:
- how long is photography school
- how long do you have to go to school for photography
- how long do you go to school for photography
- how long does photography school take
- how long schooling for a photographer and what do they have to take
- how long does it take to go to school for photography
- how long do you go to photography school
- how long does a photographer go to college
- how long does it take for photography school
- how long do you have to go to school to be a photographer
Filed Under: Photography School